reverbnation.com/knickied

Sunday, June 19, 2011

SEEING BEAUTIFUL...


Though I may not fit the confines of arm candy, it seems as though every time I leave the house someone stops me to tell me I’m beautiful. That being said, I think we need to promote this, not just because it helps feed the ego, but its letting women who aren’t models know that their beauty is appreciated too.

Attractive cannot just be one ideal and girls of a certain size can be and are gorgeous as well.

Their beauty is not an acceptation either; in the sense that they’re attractive for a size 14-20. The fact is the media as become too pervasive in it’s dictation of ideals from beauty, to success, love and down to what underwear a woman should wear.

P.S. if you want my panties to match my bra, you can go shell out the money toluxuriate me with fanciful undergarments, I’m just making sure the one’s I wear are clean.

All jokes aside though, as women and men of the world there should be more to a person than the exterior, but sadly it’s what folks are judged on first, but it doesn’t rule out that their beauty might be behind all that.

Even I’m guilty of a few shallow moments, I’m human so I will faultier.

However I pride myself on my ability to see beauty in the masses, not just a man with the body of a Greco-Roman deity, but in the way someone carries themselves with pride and a sense of humbled greatness in each stride.

We need to learn to respect each other for more than the labels on one’s clothing.

Being that I am a woman of size I feel it is my duty to help bring an acceptance to the type of beauty that women such as myself posses. That being said I’m not here to glorify morbid obesity, but to remind of the reasons that artist such as Rubens and Botticelli are so appreciated for their works and perceptions of the feminine.

No comments: